Our Commitment To Your Privacy
Your trust is important to us, so we want you to know we have updated our Privacy Notice to explain how we collect, store and handle your personal data.
Why we collect your data
We want to give you the best possible experience with Metalyte Pipeworks. For example, the data we hold about you helps us personalise our recommendations for products, services and promotions.
How we collect your data
We do this in a number of ways – including when you share your information with us to place an order. We treat your data with the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it.
When we’ll share your data
We use a range of trusted service providers to help deliver our services. All of our suppliers are subject to appropriate safeguards, operating in accordance with our specific instructions and limitations, and in full compliance with the Data Protection Law.
Know your rights
You have many rights regarding your personal data, including seeing what data we access, and updating your information.
There’s nothing you need to do right now, but if you’d like to find out more, do take a look at our Privacy Notice below.
Metalyte Pipeworks Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we will store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there is a lot of information here but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Metalyte Pipeworks uses your data.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
This policy will be reviewed regularly and updated versions will be posted on our websites.
Metalyte Pipeworks is the Data Controller.
This privacy notice covers:
- Who we are
- Why we use your personal information
- The legal basis for processing
- What personal information we use
- How we use your personal information
- Your rights under data protection legislation
- Sharing personal information with third parties
- How long we may keep your information
- Changes to our privacy notice
Who we are
Metalyte Pipeworks is engaged in the supply of industrial maintenance products and technical services.
Why we use your personal information
We want to maintain the best possible working relationship with you.
Here is how we will use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make. If we do not collect your personal data, we will not be able to process your orders and comply with our legal obligations.
- To understand our customers’ requirements and respond to your queries, questions and complaints quickly and effectively.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- To allow us to improve the products and services we offer to our customers.
- To offer new products and services to you which are relevant and appropriate, and only to the extent that would be reasonably expected. We will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by telephone, e-mail, web and text about relevant products, including tailored special offers, discounts and promotions.
- To better understand how visitors use our website to help us improve our service.
- For the ongoing administration of our service.
- To enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
If we plan to introduce further processes for the use of your information, we will provide information about that purpose prior to such processing.
The Legal Basis for Processing
Under Data Protection Law, there are various grounds, which are considered to be a ‘legal basis for processing’. As the Data Controller, Metalyte Pipeworks has determined that, the legal basis for processing is based on ‘processing is necessary for the purposes of Legitimate interests pursued by the controller’.
It should be noted that in some circumstances this legal basis may vary, however, we always operate in full compliance with Data Protection Law and will only process data with a fair and reasonable legal basis for doing so.
What Personal Information we Process
In order to carry out our services, we process the following information:
Initially for new contacts, we hold full name, work mobile and landline, work e-mail, company address, job title, salutation.
We process details of your interactions with us, from telephone calls, e-mails and face to face visits.
This information could include your birthday so we remember to send you a card, anniversaries and special occasions and your interests and hobbies outside of work.
Your trust is important to us and we want to give you the best possible experience with Metalyte Pipeworks. We therefore do not sell or pass on your information to other companies.
Any third parties we use for processing your order, such as carriers to ship the order to you, or our hosting company all comply with Data protection regulations.
How we Process your Personal Information
We use your personal information, and some of our employees have access to such information, only to the extent required to carry out the services for you and on behalf of Metalyte Pipeworks.
We have introduced appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information during storage, processing and transit.
Your Rights Under Data Protection Law
Right to Access
You have the right of access to your personal information that we process and details about that processing.
You can obtain this information by e-mailing: email@example.com
Right to Rectification
You have the right to request that information be corrected if it is inaccurate. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not be obliged to action this request.
Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten)
You have the right to request that your information be removed. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not be obliged to action this request, for instance if you have an outstanding balance on your account. To request removal of data or to invoke any of your rights contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to Object
You have the right to object to the processing of your information. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not be obliged to action this request.
Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to request that we restrict the extent of our processing activities. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not be obliged to action this request.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive the personal data which you have provided to us in a structured format suitable for transferring to another controller.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels or selected channels. We must always comply with your request. Visit this page for contact details
To request removal of data or to invoke any of the above rights contact us at: email@example.com
Note: We may need to request additional information to verify your identity before we action your request.
Sharing Personal information with Third Parties
We use a range of trusted service providers to help deliver our services. All of our suppliers are subject to appropriate safeguards, operating in accordance with our specific instructions and limitations, and in full compliance with Data Protection Law.
These service providers include:
- Couriers and Shipping Providers – to ensure your order is delivered to the correct address.
- Payment Processors – to securely process your payments.
- E-mail and SMS Providers – to send out e-mails or SMS messages about Metalyte Pipeworks Products and Services, including purchase orders.
- Hosting Providers – to manage our cloud-based IT system and our website.
- Security Providers – to protect our systems from attack.
- If we need to change or add additional third parties, we will always update our Privacy Notice accordingly.
We will only disclose your information to other parties in the following limited circumstances:
- Where we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. to law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
- Where there is a duty to disclose in the public interest.
- Where disclosure is necessary to protect our interest, e.g. to prevent or detect crime and fraud.
- Where you give us permission to do so.
How long we may keep your Personal Information
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
We may need to retain some records to maintain compliance with other applicable legislation – for example finance, taxation, fraud and money laundering law requires certain records to be retained for an extended duration, in some cases for up to ten years. At the end of that retention period if you are no longer a customer, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This policy will be reviewed regularly and updated versions will be posted on our websites.
Contact Details for Data Protection
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.